Monday, March 11, 2013

I'm Glossing Over Here...

As I stated on my previous blog, I'm absolutely love purses...To a fault. But there are two other things that I love more than purses. One is lip gloss/balm. The other is cats (but that's another day and another story altogether). Fortunately for me, mark. has some of the best lip glosses ever! Here are a few of my favorites:


1.  Gloss Gorgeous Lip Stain

          When mark. first came out with this product, I was skeptical about it. I mean, when I think about stains, I think of some dried out color and prune-looking lips. But, I decided to give it a try since it was described as going on "glossy". I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. It DOES go on like a lip gloss. It provides a splash of color that complements most skin tones and even has a mint smell and flavor to it. After the formula "dries", you're left with a hint of color that's flattering and not too "loud". The beauty of this product is that unlike most other stains, you can reapply this and still won't look overdone. It's so freaking awesome that you can even apply it without looking in the mirror (I do!). It comes in eight shades and costs $11.







2.  Glow Baby Glow Luxe Hookup Lip Gloss

         I don't know if you've heard about this little concept that mark. came out with called hookups, but it's the most innovative concept ever. Hookups are mark.'s way of multi-tasking and making products that are more efficient for our lives. The premise is this: instead of carrying around full-size tubes of mascara, lip gloss, and beauty treatments in your purse, you can carry around mini versions of your favorite products. One of the first of these products I tried was the GBG Luxe Lip Gloss. Instead of a sponge applicator, it comes with a brush (which I found different). I thought it would be hard to apply, but it was actually pretty easy. It also has a minty scent to it as well. The formula is very moisturizing. The colors are flattering as well, with a hint of reflective particles in it. Now for the hookup part...it's part of a collection of beauty items that can be connected together via a hookup connector (that you get for free when you purchase two hookup beauty items). You can literally customize your perfect match: lipgloss+eyeliner, mascara+eye brow gel, etc. The GBG Luxe comes in four different shades and costs $6.50 (other hookups costs the same).



3.  Glossblossom Ripening Lip Tint (Discontinued, but still LOVE)

          This is my all-time favorite lip gloss of all of mark.'s lip glosses. It's formula is the most moisturizing formula ever and it goes on so easy and effortlessly. But here's the kicker: it changes color to a pinkish hue that complements your own skin tone!!! So not only are your lips super soft but they're perfectly pink as well!!! Now how it works, I have no clue, but it works like no other product I've ever seen.  mark. discontinued this product a while ago, so I pretty much get my stash either from other reps or from Ebay, but I definitely keep one or two in all of my purses.





No comments:

Post a Comment